Thursday, June 9, 2011

Prayer for Our Sons-Day 1

Oh how so important this chapter is for me this week.  I think I will read it again!

Obedience Study Questions
1. Describe the first time your son(s) deliberately disobeyed you. Did you recognize it immediately? How did it make you feel?
With Owen, it makes me so mad!  Even when I keep my cool and dry to diffuse the situation he does not give up, just keeps pushing.  With Tommy it’s funny because he is so little and I know he is just trying to get attention.  But I follow through with time out and he will eventually understand the right way to get attention.

2. Do you have a plan for teaching your son(s) obedience? Or are you more of a “fly by the seat of your pants” kind of parent?
I don’t have a plan to teach obedience, I am the “fly by the seat of my pants” parent and that kinda worries me…

3. Have you ever considered how teaching obedience leads naturally to a deeper understanding of the Gospel?
Yes I have considered this and we definitely talk about it in the lessons from church.  But, I don’t have a plan or method.

4. In the book, Brooke talks about hearing a speaker say these words: “Ladies, if your man cannot submit to Jesus, he cannot lead you. A man must be willing to be led before he can truly lead.” How does this change
your understanding of the importance of teaching your son(s) obedience?
It reinforces the fact that it is important.

5. Are there any discipline practices you've been using that need to be tweaked in order to better reflect the Gospel message?
I don’t think so, I could definitely use some guidance in this area!

No comments:

Post a Comment